Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Cyberjaya Broadband - Time Broadband

Currently in terms of price per Mbps, Time Fibre Home seems to be the cheapest around. Their lowest package for 100Mbps only cost RM 149 (before adding in GST). 


Time Fibre service is mostly available in high rise buildings as high density will help the company breakeven their services faster. 

The whole process of applying for it was a breeze, everything done online. Just with a few clicks, you can register and setup your appointment with the installer.  The equipment given by Time broadband is 1 Huawei fibre modem, Dlink AC1200 Wifi router and 1 motorola cordless phone. The Dlink AC1200 Wifi router is a dualband AC router, in tech terms it means that it has higher bandwidths due to dual band and also gigabit Ethernet connection.

I felt there were 2 issues which was lacking. One was the actual bandwidth was not as advertised. Based on speedtest.net I only got 30Mbps instead of 100Mbps. Anyway, I am not able to tell the difference anyway as I'm only a casual web surfer. I am very sure the speed is that slow that as I performed multiple rounds of testing. 

The second issue I had was the punctuality of the installer. I arranged to install it at 10AM but instead was informed that it was delayed until 2PM. The installer told me the demand for the service was very big so they could not complete the installations on time.
Overall I still quite satisfied with the service due to the ease of applying for it. The coverage at the moment around Cyberjaya is pretty pathetic based on the number of service apartments around Cyberjaya. The current coverage includes Shaftsbury Residences, The Place, Garden Plaza and Symphony Hills.



Application for broadband can be applied on the link.