Thursday, April 20, 2017

Cyberjaya Food Review : Restaurant Lok Yoon at Prima 11

I used to think that Cyberjaya does not have any chinese restaurants until someone told me about Lok Yoon restaurant at Prima 11. Prima 11 is located at Jalan Teknokrat, further down from Cyber Square. The landmark for this location is the huge Burger King sign board.





The area where Lok Yoon restaurant is located houses a good mixture of restaurants. There's a cafe joint called "It's a grind", fast food restaurant Burger King, a mamak restaurant, beer garden Beer Factory Express. Actually Lok Yun restaurant is also part of the Beer Factory Express restaurant, this "restobar" serves as both a beer garden and chinese restaurant. Beer Factory Express serves drought beer, champagne, brandy, whiskey, VSOP and other kinds of alcoholic drinks. The place is popular with the night crowd.


The restaurant serves typical "tai chow" noodles like hokkien mee, wat tan hor etc. You can also order stir fried dishes there.  I ordered wat tan hor, fried kuey teow and a celery drink. I ordered the celery drink as i wanted to know how it tasted.  The wat tan hor was a bit too watery to my liking but it's considered my comfort food so I'll give it a pass as there's probably no other place in Cyberjaya that serves this dish. Same goes with the fried kuey teow which not the best but the prawns were very fresh.



This place is smoker friendly as they have a large open air smoking area. I came here at night and the place was too dimly lit to take photos and hence only the exterior photos are shown.

I heard that this place is to be avoided during lunch hours as it is very busy due to the number of offices and people craving for chinese food.