Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Cyberjaya Food Review : India Gate at Shaftsbury Square

This Indian restaurant called India Gate just opened a few months ago.  The decor was quite attractive and looked like some palace kitchen  so I decided to hop in to test out this place after work. I arrived at 9:30 PM and was promptly greeted by the waiter. I asked him to recommend a dish suitable for 1 person  and he just mentioned all dishes also were good. For some unknown reasons beyond me he kept recommending the vegetarian dishes.


The restaurant serves the usual Indian stuff like chicken masala, aloo goobi, mango lassi, masala tea etc. I opted for their mutton fried rice and mango lassi. The fried rice was basically long grain rice fried with biryani spices which was something quite new to me. 

Mango Lassi

Mutton fried rice
Food was ok, didn't come out piping hot as i would have liked. The long grain rice has the perfect moisture. The mango lassi however hit the perfect sweet spot, not too sweet and not overly bland. One complain I also had was the wait time was also quite long despite only having 3 customers. I got my mango lassi within 10 mins but the main dish after waiting 45 mins.

Price wise this place is considered fair. My mango lassi costs RM 10 while the Mutton Biryani fried rice cost RM 14. This place opens until late night. I saw people coming in to order naan bread and masala tea for supper.

This place isn't hard to miss as it's located at the ground floor of  Shaftsbury Square and their brights lightnings will giveaway the place. Next visit I will probably go give their individual dishes a try.