Monday, September 7, 2020

Upgrade car's (Proton Inspira) suspension to coilover kit from BS Racing Taiwan

Recently after I changed tyres on my car (Proton Inspira aka Mitsubishi Lancer) and the tyre shop mechanic informed me that my car’s suspension was wrecked. The mechanic did a bounce test and it was found that the car bounced a bit.



I decided it was time to change to a sports suspension just for the sake of testing as I’ve heard that sports suspension are more stable but will cause more bumpiness.

I did an internet search for workshops and was found a chain performance parts shop called Kaki Motor in Cyberjaya.  Kaki Motor is located at Autoville Cyberjaya. Autoville Cyberjaya is one of the very rare industrial area in Cyberjaya, I notice a lot of car related workshops in Autoville.

The sales personnel introduced me to BS Racing coilovers which costs me RM2,400 for all 4 units. BS Racing coilovers comes from Taiwan and is priced quite reasonable compared to other coilovers like Kayaba, Tein and HKS. The price of the coilovers includes installation services and 1 time return for retuning. Coilovers are basically like adjustable suspension that comes with sports spring.

After installation of the coilovers, my car felt more bumpy a bit but it also felt more stable whether on straight road or cornering. My tuning was medium hard and medium height (slightly lower than stock suspension). Overall I was quite satisfied with the BS racing coilovers.