Saturday, March 23, 2019

Learn how to operate a Pop Rivet Gun


I’m not expert in DIY but I do have a passion and curiosity in DIY.

Recently I replaced the metal grill lock in my house. I notice the old lock was not secured using screws and was secured by some sort of rivet (I only know it’s called a rivet today).

I showed the picture of the rivet to my neighborhood hardware guy and the uncle told me the rivets were secured using a device called a pop rivet gun. He said it the device only cost RM30 and is very easy to use. The rivets used (look like screws) are called pop rivets.

Basically pop rivets are used in place of standard screws for aluminium, metal and glass material that is hollow. This is because these hollow material do not have ridges for screws to screw in. The pop rivet is used for these kinds of cases.